Professional Code Of Conduct For Tutors
The role of the Association of Tutors (Singapore) is to establish and promote professional standards, to support the continuing professional development of tutors and to promote tutoring as a profession.
This will help to maintain public trust and confidence in the tutoring profession in Singapore. The following are guidelines to support and provide a direction for our tutors.
- act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work
- act to uphold the reputation and standing of the profession
- act to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with the students
- be caring, fair and act in the best interests of the students entrusted to their care
- aim to be a positive role model for the students to motivate and inspire each student to realise his/ her full potential
- aim to maintain high standards of teaching, learning and assessment strategies that support student learning
- take personal responsibility for maintaining and improving the quality of their professional teaching
- ensure that any communication with students, parents and others is appropriate, including communication via electronic media, such as e-mail, texting and social networking sites.